Performance Coach - Neptune
Danny has been coaching and teaching since he finished swimming at the age of 18.
Danny brings valuable high-level coaching experience to our staff. He is an exceptional technician, innovative and his on-deck rapport is key to his success. His passion for swimming, his work ethic, his high level of concern for the athletes and incredible motivation to strive for swimmer success brings to light what it means to be a Titan.
Since his move to Ellesmere, Danny has helped to contribute towards the enormity of Ellesmere College Titans success by helping many athletes develop and hone their swimming skills and potential to a National podium standard.
Danny joined Ellesmere from Newmarket SC in 2016 where he served as an assistant swimming coach for two seasons. At Newmarket, Danny helped move the age group program from a relatively unknown system to one of performance.
The work that Danny has done with his athletes through his time as a coach has led him to assist England Talent’s performance pathway and has been working with them for the past six years throughout the Country.
Prior to becoming a coach, Danny studied at Loughborough University, before moving to Cambridge to complete his degree in sports science. A native of Bury St Edmunds Suffolk, Danny was a high level national swimmer during his time in the pool. Danny’s swimming was focused on distance free but also competed at Fly and Back events gaining national medals and finals and competing at a National standard for five consecutive years.
- Appointed Head Age Development Ellesmere College Titans
- East Regional England Talent Program
- BEST Centre (Mallorca) Summer Camps
- National Coach Performance Pathway
- Shropshire County Head Coach
- County/ Regional/ National Development camps coach
- Age Group Coach Newmarket SC 2014-2016
- Degree in Sports Science
- UKCC Level 3 Coaching Swimming (Completing November 2016)
- UKCC Level 2 Open Water Swimming
- UKCC Level 2 Teaching & Coaching Swimming
- UKCC Level 1 Teaching & Coaching Swimming
- Mental Health and Wellbeing