Director of Swimming
I started my swimming journey at age 8. Went through the ranks of age – youth and competed at junior international level before hitting the senior ranks as a pool / open water swimmer racing 400m / 1500m / 5km / 10km / 25km, full time athlete 2002 – 2008 and my main senior achievements included wining World and European silver medals. I’m still in the fortunate position of doing my childhood hobby and getting paid for something I’m extremely passionate about.
My approach to coaching is simple, work hard, get them prepared and then sit back and enjoy the fireworks!!
I have some characteristics which I feel have set me up to be in the position I am currently and these include, calm under pressure, resilient, ocd organized and probably the most important, the ability to make people think they can achieve anything ……… because they can.
Only one aspiration, enjoy the job I do everyday, take swimmers on an exciting journey and progress them as a swimmer and person.
- BSCA Youth Coach of the Year 2016
- GBR European Juniors 2016
- GBR Texas Team 2016
- GBR Lead Coach European Championships 2014 OW
- German Team Coach World Championships 2009
- England Talent Coach 2008-2014
- Coached 10+ British Age Group Records
- Double European Junior Gold Medalist
- European Junior Qualifiers Pool & Open Water
- European Youth Olympic Qualifier & Multiple Medalist
- Commonwealth Youth Games Qualifier & Multiple Medalist
- Multiple National Champions & Medalists
Swimming & Sports Background
- GBR International Swimmer 1997-2008
- World & European Silver Medalist
- Multiple World Cup Stage Winner
- Double European Cup Champion
- 10 Time British Champion
- Connect Coaching UK Sport Program
- UKCC Level 3 Coaching Swimming
- UKCC Level 2 Coaching Swimming
- UKCC Level 1 Coaching Swimming
- Gym Fitness Instructor
- Diploma Sports Injuries
- EduCare Communication Skills, Principles of Marketing